Introducing Viral Pay
Taken from a post by Quality Logo Products:
IGN distributes bonuses to employees through a system called “viral pay.” Twice a year, employees hand out tokens to coworkers they believe deserve recognition. These tokens then translate into each employee’s bonus. The system allows employees to reward their peers and motivates everyone to work harder for more tokens in the future.
Fast Company has also reported on the Tokens of Appreciation:
There are only three rules to the program:
- You can’t award any tokens to yourself
- All tokens have to be given away
- IGN’s president isn’t eligible.
According to IGN’s Greg Silva,
The purpose is to reward super-performers with super-pay. Our employees were saying ‘It’s great that the managers know who’s super-effective and contributing the most, but, quite frankly, we know better, so let us reward and recognize our peers.’
Today’s Lagniappe (a little something extra thrown in for good measure) – Here’s a YouTube video on working (playing) at IGN:
The Green Goldfish Project is a quest to find 1,001 examples of marketing lagniappe for employees. Green goldfish are the little signature extras given to employees. They help differentiate a company, increase employee retention and drive positive WoM.
Latest posts by Stan Phelps (see all)
- 12 Ways to Win Customers and Influence Word of Mouth - May 14, 2013
- Tips For Engaging Your Employees in Company Marketing Efforts - April 21, 2013
- 5 Easy Ways to Increase Employee Engagement - April 18, 2013